Consider this scenario: you have sold a software product to a client
in a pre-installed computer. Once the computer arrives at your
client's office, you need to configure it in order to make it work.
Right now you have three ways to do this:
- Visit your client's office
- Work with your client over the phone
- Use remote access software such as VNC, terminal server
Obviously, the first two options are expensive and
inefficient. The third option requires that your client opens
one or more inbound TCP ports in firewalls. Opening a port on
the firewall can be a challenging process as well as pose a
In contrast, this is how the RHUB appliances enhance security and
- Before sending out the computer, start a remote access
meeting on that computer
- Assign a client name as the meeting subject.
- Shut down the computer and ship it to your client.
As soon as your client receives the computer, all you do is
- Join the scheduled meeting and you have
full control of the computer.
With the RHUB appliance, your client does not need to change any
of their firewall settings. All they need to do is:
- Plug in an Internet cable
- Turn on the computer.
You can even record the entire remote configuration session for an
audit trail, which may be required by your client.
Once the deployment is completed, simply terminate the meeting and the
computer will not be accessible by anyone via the RHUB appliance.